Steam loco scrap list

I found a website once with a list of when steam locos went to be scrapped but appear to have lost the link. Does anyone have it, so I can decide what stock would be 'realistic' for my layout please.

Reply to
Robin Mayes

Where and when?

What do you mean by realistic? Your modelling a scrap yard? If so, there are a few books around about Barry scrapyard which is where most of todays preserved steam came from.

Pieman

Reply to
Piemanlarger

This link is for Barry Scrapyard only but it might be what you remember seeing:

John

Reply to
John Rampling

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it may give you the information you require:

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon Harding

should have what you're looking for in the 'Steam Databases' section.

HTH

Loco

Reply to
El Loco

That's the one, cheers!

I had googled for barry scrap loco list but this one didn't come up.

Reply to
Robin Mayes

Excellent additional material, thank you!

Reply to
Robin Mayes

Excellent stuff, thanks

Reply to
Robin Mayes

"Simon Harding" wrote

Thanks Simon, very useful site which I'd not come across before.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"El Loco" wrote

Another extremely useful site which I'd not seen before.

John.

Reply to
John Turner