Thomas going Downhill?

whoops premature 'send' key ;and for that matter all recent Hornby sets are branded T&F.

Reply to
airsmoothed

It started going downhill with Britt Allcroft. And has been getting less and less railwaylike since then. Although I can't blame the late Wilbert Awdrey for selling it, it gave him the comfortable retirement he deserved.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

The early Britt Allcroft series were great. No fancy CGI or simple animated faces just a storyteller who could do voices and sounded liked he was enjoying himself.

You could listen to the story unfold like reading a book. I fear Thomas and friends will go the same way as The Power Rangers i.e. the same story over and over again. Perhaps HIT would have been better creating a new 'area' with diesel / electric power and leave the old steam trains on a preserved railway. Once the ability of Thomas to pull in the $'s fades they will fall out of existence.

HIT have no real idea of how the 'magic' of Thomas works do they ? The yanks produce & watch any rubbish !

With the UK in the depths of a recession the RRP of all model loco's are too high but when prices get reduced who's left with 'overpriced' stock ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Until she started doing her own stories.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee