Thomased.

I recently bought a tidy little Thomas model to act as life support for my J83. When it arrived I cleaned it up and ran it on the DC test track.

My wife walked in and had a conversation and then went about her business.

8 days later she announced that she had a present for me -- I am now the proud owner of the Haines manual for Thomas! Clearly there is no way in which I can do other than keep it in a prominent place or is there?
Reply to
Sailor

" Welcome to the Haynes Thomas the Tank Engine Manual! See how Thomas works, how his Driver operates him and how Thomas is kept in tip-top condition. Meet some of Thomas' friends and find out more about the Sodor Railway ................. Aimed at the 3=967 age group "

Is your wife trying to tell you something ?

Anything with Haynes manuals are, in my humble opinion, 1st class and worth every penny.

If you ever get the chance to go to their museum then I strongly you suggest you go !

" keep it in a prominent place or is there? " My advice is to do just that .... next time she might buy you a loco !

Reply to
Dragon Heart

They do a jolly interesting one for a Lancaster bomber, certainly.

Reply to
bobharvey

Like the Wartburg?

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

The message

from bobharvey contains these words:

They also do one for A Baby... My son has found it very useful: reference to it has stopped his missus being so dogmatic about what is "right for baby" in the way that women tend to be.

Reply to
David Jackson

I have been amused watching my offspring with theirs. First baby appeared to have been made of glass, and was handled by the book, lots of things written down, charts & things. Last one seems to be made of india rubber, and is looked after with a casualness that contrasts very strongly. Of course, that's just experience showing, but it still amuses.

You have to forgive the distaff staff. They come in for a fair bit of criticism if anything goes wrong.

Reply to
bobharvey

They also do several in the ....... For Dummies range !

Reply to
Dragon Heart

The message

from bobharvey contains these words:

Erm, er, why??

It's usually their fault, so that's fair enough.

I've found a quiet "Yes, dear." solves all problems. I think she worked out some time ago that for the past years I've been saying it while on autopilot.

Reply to
David Jackson

Been trying to teach my son that for ages now. Modify for circumstances, works with all authority figures - teachers, parents, ladies..... Saves years of hassle and the number of points gained !

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon