Those England flags

Staff Notice
While the management sympathise fully with the dilemma of the England supporters in the company, it has been noted that the attempts to fly
the flags attached to cars at half mast has been achieved by opening the windows half way.
We would remind all employees that while this is a commendable display of your understandable disappointment, this *is* Wimbledon fortnight and security have notified us that they will not aid any employee in bailing out the standing water from the interior of any vehicle left in such a condition.
The recommended method is to remove the flags from the windows and stack them horizontally on the parcel shelf for a short period.
"Come on Henman!" replacement flags should be available from local service stations later this week. As an added environmental plus, the 'Henman' flags are made from biodegradable materials and should crumble away within 5 days
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

That long :-)
Jim.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In Canada, it was "Calgary Flames" team flags, thanks to hockey play offs.
Very useful in identifying worst than average drivers, similar to the use of "England" flags in the UK I understand.
-- Cheers Roger T.
βœ–

Southern Ontario was the same with Toronto Maple Leafs flags (I saw one car with a Montrιal Canadiens flag in Mississauga.) The most extreme car I saw had two door-mounted flags and a large flag draped over the trunk/boot, plus GO LEAFS GO signs in the windows.
Whwn a local team is doing well in playoffs, the Toronto Transit Commission programs GO LEAFS GO or LET'S GO BLUE JAYS into the bus destination screens.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
βœ–

<snipped>
As a Blue Jays fan, I strongly suspect that the latter does not occur too frequently <s>
db.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not in the past 10 years, no.
--
Martin S.

Add pictures here
βœ–
I thought that it was a new edict from the DVLA intended as a warning to road users, stating that anyone with a low IQ had to display a red cross on a white rectangle whilst driving, and for those with especially low IQs then two of these symbols were to be displayed.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Martin Livingtone" wrote

on
then
The guy in the 4WD currently parked outside my shop must be totally brain dead in that case, he's got four. Mind you he's also got a C'mon Tiger banner in his back window - must be a real supporter of lost causes.
John.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No, that was the original edict that I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Do keep up at the back there (or maybe you were busy with your model railway).
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
βœ–
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:42:57 +0100, John Sullivan
John,

This is for the World Cup - your edict of a week or so ago was for the European Cup :-)
Just think - you've got another two years of them :-)
Jim.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh no, not more footie!

Maybe I'll emigrate to somewhere where they don't play footie. Hmmm. where, I wonder. Sri Lanka sounds a good place.
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html
βœ–
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:54:03 +0100, John Sullivan

There is no escape. I've just been to Canada, where Association Football is pretty obscure. On the way to Toronto the aeroplane crew kept telling us the score in one match. When the train stopped in the Rocky Mountains we headed for the nearest pub - which was showing an England match. Then someone in a pub in Vancouver tried to talk to me about football ...
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Add pictures here
βœ–
Arthur Figgis wrote:

What is football?
Greg.P. Takaka, NZ.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Gregory Procter" wrote

Ask your mates from Oz, they managed to beat Beckham and his band of fairies in a friendly not so long ago. God help us if the Aussies take up tiddly-winks.
John.
Add pictures here
βœ–
John Turner wrote:

My "mates from Oz" are two thousand plus km away and they're not talking to us since the netball the other night.

For God's sake don't cool the beer then! There's always chess and morris dancing.
BTW, where's your web-site, I want to look for more books to order!!!!
Regards, Greg.P.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Gregory Procter" wrote

www.53amodels.co.uk
John.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Arthur Figgis"

Football, or soccer?
-- Cheers Roger T.
βœ–
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:20:35 -0700, "Roger T."

Surely Canadian Football (as in the thing with helmets, padding and throwing a ball, which was being shown in pubs when they weren't showing ice hockey players beating each other up) isn't called Association Football as well, is it?
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Arthur Figgis"

Canadian's play "hockey", not "ice hockey"! :-)
-- Cheers Roger T.
βœ–
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:37:36 -0700, "Roger T."

Canadian's what? :)
I was more specific to avoid anyone playing on the UK/CA difference in terminology.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Add pictures here
βœ–