Those England flags

Staff Notice
While the management sympathise fully with the dilemma of the England
supporters in the company, it has been noted that the attempts to fly
the flags attached to cars at half mast has been achieved by opening the
windows half way.
We would remind all employees that while this is a commendable display
of your understandable disappointment, this *is* Wimbledon fortnight and
security have notified us that they will not aid any employee in bailing
out the standing water from the interior of any vehicle left in such a
condition.
The recommended method is to remove the flags from the windows and stack
them horizontally on the parcel shelf for a short period.
"Come on Henman!" replacement flags should be available from local
service stations later this week. As an added environmental plus, the
'Henman' flags are made from biodegradable materials and should crumble
away within 5 days
Reply to
John Sullivan
That long :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
In Canada, it was "Calgary Flames" team flags, thanks to hockey play offs.
Very useful in identifying worst than average drivers, similar to the use of "England" flags in the UK I understand.
-- Cheers Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.
Southern Ontario was the same with Toronto Maple Leafs flags (I saw one car with a Montréal Canadiens flag in Mississauga.) The most extreme car I saw had two door-mounted flags and a large flag draped over the trunk/boot, plus GO LEAFS GO signs in the windows.
Whwn a local team is doing well in playoffs, the Toronto Transit Commission programs GO LEAFS GO or LET'S GO BLUE JAYS into the bus destination screens.
Reply to
MartinS
As a Blue Jays fan, I strongly suspect that the latter does not occur too frequently
db.
Reply to
Dirk Belcher
Not in the past 10 years, no.
Reply to
MartinS
I thought that it was a new edict from the DVLA intended as a warning to road users, stating that anyone with a low IQ had to display a red cross on a white rectangle whilst driving, and for those with especially low IQs then two of these symbols were to be displayed.
Reply to
Martin Livingtone
"Martin Livingtone" wrote
The guy in the 4WD currently parked outside my shop must be totally brain dead in that case, he's got four. Mind you he's also got a C'mon Tiger banner in his back window - must be a real supporter of lost causes.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
In message , Martin Livingtone writes
No, that was the original edict that I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Do keep up at the back there (or maybe you were busy with your model railway).
Reply to
John Sullivan
John,
This is for the World Cup - your edict of a week or so ago was for the European Cup :-)
Just think - you've got another two years of them :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
In message , Jim Guthrie writes
Oh no, not more footie!
Maybe I'll emigrate to somewhere where they don't play footie. Hmmm. where, I wonder. Sri Lanka sounds a good place.
Reply to
John Sullivan
Is there a difference????
Reply to
Paul Boyd
Beckham might play in the next one :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
"Jim Guthrie" wrote
Ah yes - he might (with help) have waded through "Penalty Taking for Dummies" by then! :-/
John.
Reply to
John Turner
The message from Jim Guthrie contains these words:
They could pick Henman for all the difference it will make... ;-)
Reply to
David Jackson
There is no escape. I've just been to Canada, where Association Football is pretty obscure. On the way to Toronto the aeroplane crew kept telling us the score in one match. When the train stopped in the Rocky Mountains we headed for the nearest pub - which was showing an England match. Then someone in a pub in Vancouver tried to talk to me about football ...
Reply to
Arthur Figgis
What is football?
Greg.P. Takaka, NZ.
Reply to
Gregory Procter
"Arthur Figgis"
Football, or soccer?
-- Cheers Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.
"Gregory Procter" wrote
Ask your mates from Oz, they managed to beat Beckham and his band of fairies in a friendly not so long ago. God help us if the Aussies take up tiddly-winks.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"David Jackson" wrote
Ah yes, another great British loser! :-(
John.
Reply to
John Turner