Those England flags

My "mates from Oz" are two thousand plus km away and they're not talking to us since the netball the other night.

For God's sake don't cool the beer then! There's always chess and morris dancing.

BTW, where's your web-site, I want to look for more books to order!!!!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Try the U S of A.

Kids play it at school, and there have been several attempts at professional soccer leagues, but it's never really caught on.

Whoever wins Euro 2004 next Sunday, there will be serious street partying in Toronto, which has major Greek and Portuguese communities. The party will be on either Danforth Avenue or College Street.

Reply to
MartinS

"Gregory Procter" wrote

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Who?

Who? Difference to what? Can I go back to sleep now?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Surely Canadian Football (as in the thing with helmets, padding and throwing a ball, which was being shown in pubs when they weren't showing ice hockey players beating each other up) isn't called Association Football as well, is it?

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

"Arthur Figgis"

Canadian's play "hockey", not "ice hockey"! :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

That's no good, I've just got back from the Maldives (yes, it was wonderful - Honeymoon) and the staff - Maldivian, Indian, Sri Lankan, Japanese and French (well, those were the ones I spoke to) - didn't seem to stop talking about Euro 2004.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin C

Canadian's what? :)

I was more specific to avoid anyone playing on the UK/CA difference in terminology.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

No, that's the CFL. The season runs from June to October, with the Grey Cup final in November. You can't play football in 3ft of snow.

Reply to
MartinS

It's about time they built some stadiums (stadia?) with overall roofs, instead of trying to play in open fields.

Reply to
John Sullivan

They have those in Toronto and Calgary, but not in Edmonton or Winnipeg, which are truly the Great White North. The Montreal Alouettes changed their name to Concorde and moved to the covered Olympic Stadium, but that started to fall apart so they moved back to their hilltop open McGill Stadium and changed their name back to the Alouettes.

Reply to
MartinS