Triang-Hornby wagon

Hello all

I have just acquired a Triang-Hornby 16 ton standard mineral wagon with a yellow body (yellow plastic, not repainted), on the normal black chassis. As I have never seen one like this before, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me please?

Thanks

Roger Thomas Swansea

Reply to
Roger Thomas

Over the years Triang -Hornby etc have made small starter trainsets aimed at fairly young Children. Some of the stock included was often supplied in bright colours such as yours.Some sets used the small steam Loco from the former Triang Transcontinenatal range. ISTR that there may also have been a clock work version but am not sure on that.

Triang were not alone in this . I had a set of Italian manufacture. Possibly Lima but it might have been Rivarossi.

HO plastic track ,Loco which took a Battery in the boiler which did not power it for long. The stock provided had a couple of presentable wagons from the normal range but other items were way out of proportion. No idea what scale they were meant to be .

At least Triang-Hornby kept to the std OO so that if the child wishes to progress further into reality later then a paint brush can be wielded.

G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman

"Roger Thomas" wrote

Tri-ang made a habit of producing wagons with colourful bodies. From memory they did a 7-plank wagons which I've seen in around half-a-dozen non-protoypical colours.

John.

Reply to
John Turner