Where and when - No 4

No 4 in this series is a shed scene and features another Stanier 2-cylinder

2-6-4T in the company of a Jinty 0-6-0T, and is that an Eastern Region Pacific tender visible between to the right of the 4MT?

42436 is carrying a 10D (Lostock Hall) shedplate but has lost its smokebox number plate. It was allocated to 10D from c. 1963, probably until withdrawal.

So which shed please, or is the tank just at its home shed?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I don't think so - the engine cab has a flattened roof like a Black 5 or 8F.

John, unless the coaling tower had an identical twin, it's Lostock Hall. Have a look at the copies you have of my shots taken there on 4/8/68.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Brumby

Might be an A4's corridor tender. Mike.

Reply to
Mike CJ

Could someone please repost the URL for Number 4, it didn't get over here. :-(

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Roger, Roger.

MartinS

"MartinS"

Thanks Martin.

Didn't help me much though. Not a clue were it was taken. Someone said Lostock Hall but even though I spent the best part of three weeks there in August '68, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

ISTR that an A4 (Lord Farringdon?) spent some time at Carnforth, while en route to be stripped for spares for one of the preserved A4s.

Of course, it could also have visited Lostock Hall (or some other shed), so perhaps that isn't terribly helpful!

Reply to
Chippy