Who wants to earn my eternal gratitude?

Soldering iron vs Lima Western = one distorted bodyshell.

Soldering some track today, put the soldering iron down to reach for my coffee, iron slipped, didn't quite reach the Western I'd left far to close to my work area (was using it as a mobile testbed!) and by the time I'd noticed the bodyshell near one end was hopelessly distorted ...

... long story short, anyone got a Lima Western bodyshell I can beg, borrow or steal [erm "purchase"-ed]?

TIA

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Silly thought, really, but is it worth trying to get a bodyshell, rather than wait for the Heljan Western due later in 2004?

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Love to, but with an average budget of £20 per month, with £80+ of track/points motors still to buy, transformer, controllers and signals likewise I can't really justify it. Especially as I'd just spent a couple of days installing all wheel pick-ups etc to the now damaged engine and had already bought materials for customising it it'd be a waste to scrap it and buy new.

Later in the year I might treat myself to an all green Hymek though (the gods of the lottery willing!)

... ought to add that a very nice chap called Nigel has already been in touch to offer me a body from his scrap bin.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Use it for a donor for a kit 28, 41 or 76 then replace with Heljan

Reply to
Xbase

Nice though but I only have two diesels (plenty of kettles) a Warship and a Western - and I may well buy a Hymek, both existing engines are (or in the case of the Western - was) heavily customised to make them appear as though they came from a non-nationalised "modern" GWR ... just a bit of fun really but in the light of which I couldn't really justify expanding my diesel fleet just now.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Wilson

The 41 is the NBL prototype Warship A1A A1A so is suitable!!!

Reply to
Xbase