MR and FR Signal Boxes

I am requesting a diagram of the type of signalbox built standard by the MR railway which is common on the Settle and Carlisle route. Like so many who have went before me I wish to model a layout based off the legendary mainline.

Also of great interest to me would be plans for any LMS standard signalboxes or engine sheds, Furness Railway stations, standard FR engine sheds, goods sheds and signalboxes and any other standard lineside structures of the three railways.

If you don't have the plans, could you reccomend any publications where I might find them?

Thanks,

Eric R Zadro.

Reply to
Eric R Zadro

To clarify, by MR I meant the Midland Railway (but you probably already know that)

Reply to
Eric R Zadro

Eric,

If you can get your hands on a copy of "A Pictorial Record of LMS Architecture" by Anderson and Fox (ISBN 86093 083 1 OPC 1981) then you get coverage of the buildings of the Midland and, to a lesser extent, the Furness railway which includes examples of their station buildings and their signal boxes.

IIRC, the Midland were highly standardised on their type of wooden signal box and examples would more than likely conform to one of their three phases of building of these structures. I also note that the Furness seemed to favour stone built bases to their boxes.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Start with these links

More here

Good luck Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I think volume 2 of Midland Record had plans for an MR signal box. The following page gives table of contents listing for back issues of the magazine.

An email to Bob Essery (email at the end of the above page) should confirm.

Ashley.

Reply to
Ashley Sanders