Why, in a nut shell, I came back to the hobby

Harness Autistic Special Interests for Success

About.com:Autism

Monday 15th June 2009

Liza Jo Rudy

" Trains are a very common special interest among people with autism. If it's seen and treated as a "perseveration" (and not as an interest), it's easy to be worried about it .................. In fact, trains offer a huge set of opportunities for your son - personally, socially, academically and vocationally. The trick is to turn the interest in trains around, so that instead of simply satisfying an urge to see and hear the trains, your son can also experience the fun and intellectual excitement of learning about, understanding, designing and building trains. "

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the railway club members who have been so kind and accommodating to our son especially those in Mickleover in Derby and Bakewell in North Derbyshire.

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Didnt you go to DEMU, loughborough or Barrow - they were all child friendly.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon