Why the lack of RTR EMUs?

I'd guess not, as there wasn't much contemporary to run with it, and it seems to need motorizing.

Now it's disappeared, and seems to go for serious money on ebay, I'm trying to cobble them together from broken examples and spare parts...

The phrasing of that seems to indicate that you may have one or more to sell. Is this the case? I could very well be interested... ;¬)

James Moody

Reply to
James Moody

Do you need interiors?

Reply to
Rich Mackin

"James Moody" wrote

No sorry, I think we sold the last one some considerable time ago, and when we tried to re-order (we always like to keep at least one of everying in stock) were told by Hornby that they didn't have any left.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Isn't this likely to be geographical? I see quite a few (cosmetic) 3rd rail layouts down here, but a lot less NER branch lines than I did when I lived in Hull. Having said that, I think I've seen at least two

3rd rail layouts built in Hull.
Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Interiors I have. Ditto spare bodyshells, windscreens, windscreen wipers, end door connections, bogie frames and centres.

The chassis and the various different side glazing strips seem to be the key components to acquire if you want to 'kit' build one from parts.

James Moody

Reply to
James Moody