Wierd and Wonderful Images added to my Fotopic Site and an appeal for info

I was privileged to take a look in two of the NRM's stranger vehicles today - TC2 of the APT-E (the other three vehiches are under restoration outside) which contains a plethora of 1970s computer equipment. The TC2 pictures start at:

And a very unusual departmental coach parked outside next to APT. It appears to be ex-Stanier Brake end, fitted with a diesel generator and an awful lot of high-voltage equipment - the number appears to be ADB45053M. What is it and what is the purpose of all the batteires and the generator. Some hair raising pics at:
For LMS enthusiasts, some extreme close-ups of the lettering on a Stanier Brake 3rd at:
And finally, a really manky looking CT classs 158 at:
Can anyone beat this for a tatty "modern" DMU?

Adam Warr Peterborough UK Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Adam Warr

Apart from the cling film and the corridor connection stuff being a bit worn (this is not unusual) the exterior looks quite clean for a Central Train.

-- To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the Award Winning Railways Online at

Joe

Was that the 15:54 to Birmingham? If it were then I caught this train at Peterborough! I noticed the clingfilm and was not impressed but the insides were quite clean, and it was a pleasant ride so front cab appearance - zero! rest of the unit, ok!

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan

Answered my own question, it wasn't the 15:54 as the clock in the picture quite clearly states the time as 07:47. I did see it later on though!!

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan

It was working the 0750 Peterborough - Birmingham - the unit arrives on the back of a CT Norwich working which does a split. In the summer TT it was a Yarmouth working which was not unknown to be formed of 1x 3 Car and 1x 2 car

158, with a 2 car 170 reversing back to Birmingham - the whole set filled platform 5!

I realise than I'm probably being a tad harsh on CT here, as the unit was otherwise in good nick. There have got to be worse turned out units around...somewhere.

Reply to
Adam Warr

In message , Nathan writes

It could have been running late :-)

Reply to
John Sullivan

There's a couple of fNW 150's that have had graffiti removal treatment, but the paint below hasn't stood up well to the cleaning gang.

150134 is a particularly tatty looking unit, being easy to spot as it's the only one that hasn't got the gold stars. (sorry, no pics)

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan