Wrenn railways

Anyone out there able to help me with this please ?

I've five or six Wrenn locos but have absolutley no idea as to their value : I don't want to sell them but would like to know what they are worth. They are all boxed and are at least very good, if not nearly mint. Where can I look for current values ?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Cefnbryn

"Cefnbryn" wrote

Difficult one this. The price of Wrenn locos escalated rapidly when the principals retired and the company was ultimately sold, and reached a peak maybe four or five years ago. Since then the *value* of Wrenn has significantly dropped (I've heard the term *collapsed* used) and as consequence it is extremely difficult to put a value on anything which the Company manufactured.

Even Ramsey's Guide is not a reliable source of valuation and I suspect the maxim *it's worth what someone is prepared to pay* is probably about right in this instance.

John.

Reply to
John Turner