Y14/J15

Is there a good RTR Y14/J15 model? My Google skills appear to be deficient in finding one.

Also, I am starting to put some stuff about my project on my website,

- any input appreciated.

You could of course register and edit yourself, it's a wiki, but I often end up with higher levels of protection than I'd like due to trolls I pick up as a sysop on Wikipedia. I'd love it if that were not necessary, but sadly it is; one group is under the spotlight of the Met Police extremists branch, I have had midnight hang-up calls from a Hollywood producer (!) and there are other sundry oddballs who follow me around. Such is life.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Don't think so. Alan Gibson makes an excellent 4mm kit if you want to get into soldering metal (I guess the new owners of the Alan Gibson range will put the J15 into production once they have got the wheel business fully understood. I think it was fairly popular). There is also a 2mm scale kit in development (I have one in the box of bits, might start it this autumn).

And elsewhere :-)

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

The only ready to run version is by Skytrex in 7mm. They also do a Sentinel. Both of which are good shunting engines.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Skytrex do the LNER Y6, ex GER G15, 0-4-0 tram loco. Guy & Nigel were talking about the LNER J15, ex GER Y14, 0-6-0 tender loco. I'm not aware of any R-T-R models of it. In 7mm scale there are the Alan Gibson and Conniseur Models brass kits.

Reply to
John Shelley

Off the top of my head, the only RTR LNER 0-6-0 tender locomotive of any description is the Bachmann J39, which is actually pretty good.

If Guy's modelling the Great Eastern section after 1926, he could get away with buying one of Dave Alexander's superb J26/7 kits as the LNER transferred some down there to make room for the first batch of J39s.

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:25:19 +0100, Graham Thurlwell said in :

Heh! I've not got beyond "LNER" on the side, me. Protoypical realism is not on the menu just yet!

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?