Yesteryear’s toys will bring the crowds and memori es flocking to fairs

Bromsgrove Advertiser

" ......... a novice or avid collector those interested in collectable toys are in for a treat at The Toy Collectors Fair on Sunday at The NEC. "

The Toy Collectors' Fairs is at The NEC, Birmingham, on Sunday February 24th.

Admission is =A35.50 for adults and is free to accompanied children under 16 years of age.

Doors open from 10.30am to 4pm.

Dragon Heart

" ......... a novice or avid collector those interested in collectable toys are in for a treat at The Toy Collectors Fair on Sunday at The NEC. "

The Toy Collectors' Fairs is at The NEC, Birmingham, on Sunday February 24th.

Admission is £5.50 for adults and is free to accompanied children under 16 years of age.

Doors open from 10.30am to 4pm.

Prefer to wait till following sunday when theyre at donnington - entrance fee is less as well as free parking!

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Prefer to wait till following sunday when theyre at donnington - entrance fee is less as well as free parking!

cheers, Simon

That's Mothers day ! May be pushing my luck with that one.

Are they worth going to ? From what I understand most of the best deals are done B4 the doors open !

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Depends what you are after but have often got one or two nice things - locos, books, oddments. of course theres a lot of rubbish and one or two dodgy tables, but after youve been a few times you get to recognise the regulars.

Best table is .....

Will only go so her Ladyship can have a few quiet moments with tot out of the way :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

February 24th.

under 16 years of age.

£5.50? FFS!

It's a soddin' glorified shopping opportunity, that's all.

Would you pay to go into a shopping centre?

Reply to
Brian Watson

I agree 100%.

The argument will be that is if the trade stands financed the whole event they would not consider it worth their while to attend. I know that at one event last year at a railway preservation society they were charging the traders =A330 a table plus a =A33 / head entrance fee. OK you could also visit their sheds etc.

As I said previously "do you actually get any good bargains ?"

I prefer places like, for example, the local railway club 'shop' at Butterley, they offer 15% off the RRP of their Hornby stock and have a selection of second hand loco's & rolling stock from members. Plus if their is something wrong with anything you buy you have a static place to take it back. Never had any problems with their kit but I am sure they would test run it on their layout prior to purchase if you asked them, nice bunch of people :-)

Reply to
Dragon Heart

I agree 100%.

The argument will be that is if the trade stands financed the whole event they would not consider it worth their while to attend. I know that at one event last year at a railway preservation society they were charging the traders £30 a table plus a £3 / head entrance fee. OK you could also visit their sheds etc.

As I said previously "do you actually get any good bargains ?"

I prefer places like, for example, the local railway club 'shop' at Butterley, they offer 15% off the RRP of their Hornby stock and have a selection of second hand loco's & rolling stock from members. Plus if their is something wrong with anything you buy you have a static place to take it back. Never had any problems with their kit but I am sure they would test run it on their layout prior to purchase if you asked them, nice bunch of people :-)

To answer your question ....

To be honest I stopped looking for bargains a while back, based on the premise that very often you get what you pay for. now am content with a fair deal and usually get something interesting from Donnington. I recognise a few of the traders and some recognise me. If am not sure of the product or the trader then just dont buy. However, there are a fair range of products and traders that are not normally available to me from local shops. Plus I take cash so nothing shows up in home accounts.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon