Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

kit building ....
Is this really "built and painted to a good condition" as they describe ? Simon
9
9

Gear oil ....
What do people use for metal gear sets - between gears that is. cheers, Simon
4
4

Big Hornby Surprise
For some I'm sure. I'm surprised nobody has yet posted this: have to unmangle the URLs but effectively it says that Hornby has announced a new Mk3 DVT in it's range. Good for modern image modellers...
21
21

(Plug) Modern Image Railway Exh..
This weekend see's the annual MIGO+1 exhibition, Being held at Saltney Community Centre, Saltney, Chester, We have 6 0 gauge Modern Image layouts including the award winning Apethorn Junction, A...

How good is Chatham exhibition
I have been thinking about going to Chathem, but its a longish way from home, Is the show good ? It looks like its a big one. it frendly or is it a Warley type show. Something else thats there is the...
33
33

Model Railway Exhibition at the Fleet Air Arm Museum
Yeovil Express Friday 5th June 2009 Steve Sowden " Train enthusiasts will be making tracks to the Fleet Air Arm Musem at RNAS Yeovilton on June 13-14 for an annual model railway exhibition "

Romford Wheels Question
Is there an easy way of removing tyres from Romford wheels - without damiging the wheels ? Cheers, Simon
10
10

Bachmann vs Hornby GWR pannier tanks
Well, I'd like a GWR pannier plus a couple of choclate and cream or maybe GWR brown coaches to go with ti, ca 1945048. Or else early BR, ca 1948-54. What for? I want to run them under the Christmas...
32
32

Enthusiast who remade the world of model railways
Financial Times Phil Davison 6th June 2009 " The name C.J. Freezer is to model railway enthusiasts what P.D. James is to lovers of crime novels. Freezer, who has died aged 84, was an important figure...

Ebay Nameplate Extraordinaire.
A never used nameplate by Virgin Trains as part of the HST Challenger project is for sale on Ebay. see item no. 170342162161 or click this link are to the same charities as the Easteigh100 event ,...
1
1

Signals - Commercial Ad
Hi, Just a quick note to let those who haven't seen the info in Model Rail etc know about the range of signals I make to order in 4mm and 7mm scale, basically, prices start at =A312.00 for a 4mm basic...

Hornby's Financial Report...
Warning, this report contains some terrible puns and hackneyed clichés:
13
13

NRM Shildon
For those who dont know already the shildon museum has a exhibition on this weekend will be trade support from Pennine Models, Howard Walker, Dave Poole, Lawrence Moger, K Wales (Buses), The Weradale...

Mr P - the train now arriving at Seaton TIC
Midweek Herald 3rd June 2009 " SEATON Tourist Information Centre unveiled an overhead model railway that can be operated by visitors. The novelty attraction is based on the famous Beer Heights Light...

DCC & N_Gauge
Hi Guy Been away from model rail for quite a few years now Thinking of getting back into it now that I am retired and with plenty of time on my hands I will need to go the N-Gauge route because of...
12
12