Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SOT Bridge to Set New World Record @ Australian Model Railway Expo
Gizmodo Australia 30th May 2009 needs a Lego train running through it to set it off :-) Chris

Triang Hornby Rovex trains model railways FS
Triang Hornby: v. 2: Rovex Story (Tri-Ang Series , Vol 2) in new condition,large landscape format, 519 pages . Really comprehensive reference to the Rovex years, masses of quality pics & text for sale...

Point operation using "ground frame" style switching ?
I noticed from Guy=92s website he has experimented with "ground frame" style switching ...... has anyone got details of how to do this that they could pass on please ? Chris
1
1

Concealed section
I have a section of track (doubled with only one pair of points) which needs to be concealed for scenic effect. The effect in question consists of building a second level over the top with a branch...
16
16

Halifax Model Railway Club
258th May 2009 Halifax Model Railway Club and Queensbury Scouts are hosting a model railway exhibition on Saturday 6th June. http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk:80/news/Model-rail-date.5309051.jp A...
2
2

Charity Model Railway Exhiibition In Fenstanton
Hunts Post 24 27th May 2009 Exhibition on Saturday 6th June 10am to 4.30pm

Maerklin model railway maker to make comeback
Rapid 27th Nay 2009 Maerklin the German manufacturer of model railways which filed for bankruptcy in February is to make a comeback after 7 investors expressed interest in the company.
12
12

75th birthday celebration of Dinky vehicles
Until 18th September the Derby Silk Mill Museum has an exhibition to mark the 75th birthday celebration of Dinky vehicles. Apparently the collection comes from all over the world. They have all types...

Hornby B12 Derailments
I've just bought a new, China made, Hornby B12 and the tender derails on just about every Peco code 100 point on my layout. The back to back measurements of the tender wheels seem rather narrow and...
23
23

Is this group dead or what
Not many posts and lots of spam. What's going on here?
49
49

Craftsman kit question
Am building the LMS 1F from Craftsman kit, tried my preferred combination of motor and gears but they dont fit easily. Instructions recommend Romford gear set with Anchorage D11 which may not be...
5
5

Cyril Freezer's funeral
For those who may be interested in paying their last respects here are the details of Cyril Freezer's funeral. Dear All As promised, here is an update on the arrangements. The funeral will be at West...
1
1

Hornby BR A4 DCC Sound - how's it done?
Been looking at the demo on youtube. Quite impressive . Couldn't quite judge if the puffing is in sync with the piston positions. Don't know anything about train classes, but the puffing timing...
6
6

Hornby S&DJR Jinty
Does anyone know when the Hornby Railroad S&DJR Jinty is due in the shops?

"New" Warship
There's a reference in the latest Bachmann club magazine to the Warship being fitted with a 21-pin socket later in the year. I assume from that a sound version is also under development? Seems a bit...
2
2