Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lighting and other non-DCC devices.
DCC is AC voltage with digital info. Those who do not understand DCC will say it is not AC voltage. Many are around 12 to 14 VAC. Some higher for large than HO scale which many run. You can power many...
78
78

Hornby profit warning
Hornby shares plunged on Friday after the toy manufacturer warned year profit would be below expectations after shoppers bought fewer higher-priced toys over the festive season.
5
5

What are Hornby up to ?
Heard a rumour that they are only interested in the top 20 dealers, rest can have a few crumbs but thats it. If it is true that am very dissapointed in them, the smaller shops - especially general toy...
30
30

Railway Modeller look-up request
I've repaired a Hard Disc video recorder and before wiping the contents, mainly young family videos on the HDD, I thought I'd try contacting the previous owner . One of the videos shows somone in WH...
2
2

Model Railway Shows
I realise that I'm lucky people are prepared to put on model railway shows for me to visit. But, time after time, the following things irritate me. 1) How to get there. So long as an accurate postcode...
20
20

Scotrail No Ticket - Was The 'Big Man' Wrong? ~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
The big man had no right to put his hands on the student. Its up to the police to uphold the law.
2
2

So what's wrong with electronics in model railways?
A comment from anothet thread "not helped by people who wish to play with electronics (as fun as that can be) more than they actually want top play with model trains." Does it help or hinder? Does it...
10
10

Model Rail Subscription
Anyone had any issues with Bauer Media? I cancelled my sub, only to be told in writing it would last 3 months longer than expected, subsequently corrected during a 'phone call, but then they cut it...
1
1

DCC Railways
Just started to get back into model railroading and OO gauge. As a newbie, needed to run a few simple questions past other model railway users. Running Hornby DCC select as my first step into DCC -...
50
50

Bugrit millennium hand an' shrimp
My transformer has let the magic smoke out. It's not so much the faff I object to as the smell! Nice Mr. Antic has a replacement on overnight shipment for delivery tomorrow AM. Guy
3
3

Deltic in service in 2011
Sorry if this is old news, I only just spotted it: A preserved Deltic in freight service to meet a surge in demand for rail freight. Splendid! And in beautiful condition, a real credit to the owner....

FS: 00 gauge railway in need of restoration
Hi folks, I have an 00 gauge electric model railway from the 1970s or '80s for sale. Unfortunately it has been stored for a long time in the attic of my parents' barn. The solid, heavy base board is...

Hornby 2012
Now back to model railways... I like the look of the engineering samples of the forthcoming Maunsell Push-Pull coaching stock from Hornby (2012 releases) shown in the latest "Model Rail" mag, I like...

Some more pictures
Sorry about the fuzzy edges and occasional motion blur, the light was going. So, here are some pics of the layout showing the two long platforms in their current state of completion, plus the long...
46
46

OT but perhaps of interest
Some here may (like me) be interested in old aeroplanes as well as old trains. Home movie footage including Short L17 "Syrinx", Handley Page HP42 ?Heracles?, Douglas DC2, Wibault 280, DH89A Rapide and...
2
2