OT but perhaps of interest

Some here may (like me) be interested in old aeroplanes as well as old trains.

Home movie footage including Short L17 "Syrinx", Handley Page HP42 ?Heracles?, Douglas DC2, Wibault 280, DH89A Rapide and Junkers JU52-3m.

I think the ancestral archive also includes some steam footage, we're still plouging through it. Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

I've just been told that the Ju 52-3m taking off near the end of this film was carrying von Ribbentrop! Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 15:14:16 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" : wrote: : : >Some here may (like me) be interested in old aeroplanes as well as old : >trains. : >

: >

: >

: >Home movie footage including Short L17 "Syrinx", Handley Page HP42 : >"Heracles", Douglas DC2, Wibault 280, DH89A Rapide and Junkers : >JU52-3m. : >

: >I think the ancestral archive also includes some steam footage, we're : >still plouging through it. : : I've just been told that the Ju 52-3m taking off near the end of this : film was carrying von Ribbentrop! :

Not exactly anything unusual, and nothing special, Ribbentrop must have done that trip many times between 1936 and 1938 (when he was recalled to Berlin). Now had you said von Dirksen and the film dates from early September 1939...

Reply to
Jerry