Aluminum traffic signs

I scrounged some retired traffic signs that are 0.080" thickness and have been trying to find a spec on the type of aluminum used. I believe its recycled pot metal type stuff but does anyone know? Is it weldable with heliarc?

Reply to
JensenC

It is most likely 6061-T4, as that is about the cheapest useful aluminum around.

Quite weldable if you get it clean enough.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

real good guess Ernie!!!! I just finished a project for a company that supplies sign blanks to the city of Chicago and the spec was 6061

Reply to
Greg Postma

Hey Greg- Is that why you never returned my call! I could still use that anvil if you have any left. You had 500+1 things going on. I hope this filled the coffers up. Get the City check cashed before election!!

Call me sometime.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to