carbon arc torch for ac arc welder

I would like to know of a source for carbon arc torch and the associated rods . My lincoln mNUAL says this is a method for welding aluminum with an arc welder but their website has nothing on the subject. are these things still around/available? Are they cost effective? Can they be fabricated in my home shop so as to avoid shipping delays and out of pocket costs? Thanks MLM

Reply to
JohnQ.Public