French welding standard NF E83-100

Is anyone familiar with AFNOR NF E83-100 (sections 1 through 5)? We have been tasked to build a component to this standard here in America. Unfortunately, the French firm we were teamed with went belly up and we are on our own. The standard is only available in French. Does anyone know what U.S. standard(s) it is comparable to? AWS D1.1, Mil-Std-278F?

If there is a welding engineer fluid in reading French I would like to discuss this in more detail.

Thanks, Ed Hyde

Reply to
Ed Hyde

Ed,

There is an english language version of the AFNOR website here:

It has links to the standards, as well as email addresses. They may have an already-translated copy available. Hope this helps,

Bob

Reply to
Bob Robinson

The French have standards? LOL ;-) Seriously, contact a local university and see if there is a French major with some science/engineering background, or a science/engrng. student with a minor in French, or a French student studying at the university. Or a French Canadian. They will probably charge a reasonable rate for translation.-Jitney

Reply to
jitney