Gas Lense

Can anyone comment on gas lens systems for TIG welding. I have goggled around but cannot find any definitive information on whether the gas lens is better, or why, or when, one should/should not be used. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards,

J.B.

Reply to
jbslocum

Gas lenses take the turbulence out of the shielding gas. So you can have the tungsten a bit further away. Or you can use less gas. Or get better shielding.

The downside is that they are bigger, harder to get in close in a corner, harder to see around.

=20 Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Google my name "Ernie Leimkuhler", and "gas lens"

I get tired of retyping the same stuff after 13 years.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler