Help with a problem.

Get a rear end from a RWD car at a junkyard. rig a bracket to bolt the beam to it.

Or borrow the axle from your trailer.

Bolt a hitch onto the other end of the beam. run some lights Instant temp trailer.

Have a chase car follow you to prevent buffoonery from other drivers.

Wildly illegal in most states, without requisite permits.

Supremenly practical if engineered correctly.

MD

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Could that be a FWD?

Ignoramus15002

It won't however be too long if you carry the beam vertically on trailer however do not go under bridges less than 27ft high.

Reply to
greggspen

Get some EXACT measurements and we can give you some good weight estimates. For example 12 x 6 1/2 inch I-beam with

3/8 inch flange and 1/4 web is suppose to be ~27 lbs per foot. or thereabouts. 12 x 8 with 9/16 flange and 3/8 web is 45 lbs per foot.
Reply to
Leon Fisk

"Ignoramus15002" wrote: (clip) assuming that the

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I had in mind letting the beam extend over the cab toward the front bumper. If the truck already has a rack, this would be simple. If not, some kind of rack would have to be attached to the cab.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

If the FWD car has an axle in the back Most don't

MD

Reply to
Mark Dunning

It is a van.

If you sling it under your rig you won't need a red flag or chase car, especially if you have some titanium for wear blocks... 666

Reply to
brian458666

I have done this many times with oil field pipe and sucker rods, hanging the material from the front and rear bumper by using either a chain at each end of the vehicle or nylon slings at each end of the vehicle.

For the I-beam, I would use chains.

Reply to
Wudsracer

| >> Simple. Cut it in half. | >

| >I'm not sure having two six-foot trailers gets him any closer to his | >goal. | | Cut in half lengthwise, then spliced end-to-end, gives him a 24-foot trailer. | | Balancing it might be a problem, though. | | -- | Regards, | Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com) | | It's time to throw all their damned tea in the harbor again. |

Trying to be funny? Why do you suggest it's prudent to cut the trailer instead of the beam in half?

Reply to
Hunter

flat bed tow truck, red flag...tony

Reply to
Tony

Borrow another small trailer, use two trailers, use the ibeam to tie them together, tow from either end, hang some lights off the front of the trailer not hooked to the tow vehicle.

Frugal, but frightening?

regards,

John

Reply to
Johnno

I did that exact same thing with a 40' radio tower.

--Andy Asberry--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

What was the angle of radiation? Bet not much dx.