Is this a decent welder?

I found what I think is a good deal on a Hobart Tigwave 350 AC/DC welder (~$600). My questions are: 1) Is this a good welder?; 2) Would a newer inverter based machine produce a lot nicer weld overall, or are they just superior under certain conditions?

Thanks.

Reply to
signaturefactory

I don't think it comes with a footpedal, torch, cooler, regulator etc that will push the final price up quite a bit. By the time you buy all that stuff a Thermal Arc 185 looks pretty competitive.

stan

Reply to
sbaer

On the other hand, that TigWave is capable of a lot bigger stuff that Thermal Arc 185.

Ignoramus5457