OT: I NEED A USED, 1990 7.3 LITER, FORD DIESEL ENGINE

Anyone have this engine for sale?

Thanks

Reply to
jusme

Can you supply me with the vin and engine build info. Also do you need the long block, short block, I may be able to help. Do you want a rebuilt or just a pull? Where do you need it shipped to? I have a guy with a lot of Ford Diesel engines in various configurations. And- do you have a salvageable core to save you some money? Your E-mail address returns undeliverable btw.

Respects,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for letting me know about the email kicking back. I think that I have fixed it now.

I am looking for CHEAP. I can give you the vin number of the truck but don't know what you require for the engine build info other than it is a 7.3 liter. I don't think it is turbocharged.

A 'pull' would be fine if not worn out or high mileage. Yes, I have a salvageable core. The engine runs but knocks. I figure a broken rod.

I am in Central Texas.

jusme

\

For the accy. hang points. Some of the heads have different boss areas for such things as alternator mounts, pumps, etc... It's one of the things that save problems down the road. If it's a rod. Would a short block do the trick?... Definitely the cheapest way around. The problem is I don't know mileage but I could easily do a leakdown test on what he has on the shelves. There are three for sure. I just called him.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

PS: Short block is going to be around $350.00 w/core per his shop I have freight service if you need it. I can get the gasket kit and if you want, I can do a rebuild ( Crank turn, ball hone, all bearings, rings, and assembly for around $200.00 on the shortblock. That included a full magmaflux inspection and alignhone and deck. cam bearings and install is about 40 bucks combined. Assuming all the slugs and rods are Ok.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, Il.

Reply to
RDF

">>

Dang! that is cheap for that much work!

Reply to
Up North

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for letting me know about the email kicking back. I think that I have fixed it now.

I am looking for CHEAP. I can give you the vin number of the truck but don't know what you require for the engine build info other than it is a 7.3 liter. I don't think it is turbocharged.

A 'pull' would be fine if not worn out or high mileage. Yes, I have a salvageable core. The engine runs but knocks. I figure a broken rod.

I am in Central Texas.

jusme

Are you sure there's a rod broken?

Almost all those 7.3 liter International School Bus engines make a lot of noises. Mine sounds like it's falling apart on a cold start, then settles down to a nice purr as it warms.

There's a known problem with them: One of the front rod bearings gets worn from lack of oil on start. It then knocks until the engine is warm. If it continues to knock, it might just need new rod bearings. Maybe you don't need to replace the engine, just repair or rebuild it.

Those old birds are tough. A friend who's a diesel mechanic came by one morning just as I started up. Thing was rattling, knocking, and throwing smoke and I was a little embarrassed. He surprised me with: "Damn, that's a nice running old 445!"

Reply to
John Husvar

Thanks for the input, John.

This thing is not the normal, shake, rattle and roll of many diesels. It has a major problem; metal clanging against metal.

jusme

Yea, I got a 7.3 complete for sale. Less then 100 thousand miles. 1000.00 if ur interested

Reply to
hazeleyesis34