Craftsman Twin Model Engine

Does anyone know if the engine castings for this model are still available anywhere, or of a complete engine for sale? My father was
involved in its development back in 1948 along with Ed Westbury and I thought I would try and get hold of a kit or a complete engine for him.
Thanks Steve

Steve, I believe that John Goodall of Barton Model Products (he has a website) was selling these until recently. If not, I am sure he would know if they are available anywhere. He is in the business of buying and selling model engines. Or maybe Woking Precision Models, who were recently taken over by maybe Heritage Models, have some knowledge. Presumably you already have the drawings. I have seen at least one for sale on Ebay recently.. Regards, Tom Oliver.
On 25 Sep, 18:55, snipped-for-privacy@toliver31.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:

Thanks Tom, I was a bit surprised no-one replied (until now), as I have seen a few web pages where people have built them fairly recently. I will follow up with Barton, do you know for sure that Woking precision models did them ? In which case I will pester Hemminway (who I think took them over).
Thanks again Steve

Steve, I am not sure whether Woking did them - just that I made an Atom Minor (ETW design) from a set of their castings. Incidentally I would not recommend their quality. Hemingway may do them better. Tom Oliver.
Hello Steve - just noticed your request for castings for a *Westbury Craftsman Twin* engine. I have a part built engine which I seem to remember buying from a customer (cost me quite a lot!!) when I owned a model shop many moons ago in the 80s! Also a *Westbury Ensign * engine in similar state of completion. I have some engineering background (ex apprentice!!) and was going to finish the engine when I retire (10 yrs time) but I wonder if I would ever get round to it? I have contemplated selling them both via forums or eBay if the interest is there. Otherwise I shall just hang on to them.
If you are interested (or anyone else!), email me at snipped-for-privacy@farndale.org.uk (or phone) and I will email some photos. The work already done is of a very high standard and finish. Not too much more work is needed. All parts, most raw materials and drawings are included I think.
I don't have a price in mind but *I am inviting sensible offers*.
To see some photos of typical completed engines, visit 'Westbury Ensign' (
http://www.modelenginenews.org/gallery/images/ensign.jpg ) and 'Westbury Craftsman Twin' (
http://www.modelenginenews.org/gallery/images/rww_craftsman_fv.jpg )
Many thanks
David Farndale Tel: 07775 744187
--
dfarndale
replying to Cheshire Steve, Peter Miller wrote: There is a kit on Ebay right now
On 01/01/2021 19:18, Peter Miller wrote:

Aha. Another time traveller from 14 years ago.
--
Clifford Coggin
Kent