Re: New welding technique developed (NIG welding)

Gosh!
Gary

Personally I don't think that kind of information is needed in this newsgroup.
jessp wrote: Personally I don't think that kind of information is needed in this newsgroup. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nor do a vast majority of us. How stupid do you have to be to think that's funny? And how cruel do you have to be to post a hurtful message like that?
How horribly tasteless. I feel sorry for your shallow thought process. Seek help! Humour should not be at the expense of another individual. Learn to laugh with not at...

that's
that?

no
Yeh, just lurkin' around. Still at the River for that small bunch. Just looking forward to retirement. How's things for you? Seen you post a couple times......take care.......
jess

couple
I'm just hanging out waiting for the rain to end so's I can finish a job. I've had to turn down several big bore mainline jobs the last two weeks because I'm commited, oh well. I'm trying to get a bed built for my truck, it's comming along. Is the work holding up around there? Gas prices are staying high, it looks like there will be quite a bit of activity next year.
JTMcC.

LOL! David Todtman

has
year.

Just
job.
truck,
This is flat out ignorant. In the three or so years I have been reading this group, I cannot recall any other person posting a message as dumb as this. I hope it's the last.
David Todtman

These trolls throw out their garbage to get reactions just like flashers flash or people wear blue hair or a safety pin in their nose. Not to react is the way to defeat them. Killfile them and don't even give them the courtesy of a reply. Besides, just how does a reasonable man intelligently respond to such garbage through words on a screen? If one were to meet the person face to face, one could demonstrate or state their response. But these people hide behind keyboards and the anonymity the Internet brings to spew their venom.
They are to be pitied, that is for sure. But they should NEVER be recognized. When someone posts like this, just killfile them. There is too much else to read about and do for us people out there living live, building things that last, and just doing it.
Add up the time you spend responding to these people, and feeling bad about what they say. It isn't worth one second of your life. So don't give them more than that.
Killfile, killfile, killfile. They go away quickier when they get no response.
Steve
Desert Traveler wrote: (clip)Killfile, killfile, killfile. They go away quickier when they get no response. ^^^^^^^^^^^ Steve, I wholeheartedly agree with you, but in a case like this, I tried to put myself in the place of the many black people who might read this, and imagine how they would feel if no one objected. I felt that some sort of objection to this racist troll was justified.

True. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing to challenge it.
Steve

Exactly.
JTMcC.

I'm with Dave. At first I hoped everyone would ignore the pathetic dope who posted this trash. Since we haven't: 1) He obviously doesn't know any black people, otherwise he'd realize how harmful this is. What effect did he think it would have on the thousands of black people who are part of this news group? 2) This group, because of the popular subject and (this is critical) the patience, good will and generosity of the regular posters, is an irreplaceable resource. Putting up racist nonsense ruins the feeling of the group, and risks turning it into a debate over personal views that have nothing to do with welding. 3) The group works great when the posters work hard to be helpful, as they have since I started reading last spring. It won't take many mean-spirited posts to poison the atmosphere, and for me that would be a big loss.
Sam Perkins