Re: Welding 310 to 316 again

You might try this document content.lincolnelectric.com/pdfs/ products/literature/c64000.pdf

It has some physical and mechanical pr>Gwyn Phillips wrote:

> >>Both 309 &316 Stainless Steel are fully austenitic and susceptible to >> > ^---- >Did you mean to say 310 here? > >>hot cracking under certain conditions.309 has a percentage of Ferrite >>present as a second phase which minimizes cracking which is why it is >>recommended for joining different stainless steels or stainless to mild >>steel.312 S/S has 29Cr/9Ni and has a much higher Ferrite content and is >>used as the all purpose maintainance rod for joining metals prone to >>cracking and could be used for 310/316 combination.Hope this helps. >> > >Do you have specs on 312, especially the mechanicals? I've had a hard >time finding much on it. Seems almost as bad as Unobtainium. > >Ted >
Reply to
David Billington

Thanks for the explanation this makes it quite clear. Thanks for the offer of the diagram and if you want to do it you could send it to the my email address in the header. I was thinking I would have to extrapolate the curves as the Ni content of 310 is off the scale on the

1992 WRC chart I have here.

Many thanks.

Tom Doody wrote:

Reply to
David Billington

or even better

http://c> You might try this document

Reply to
David Billington

Reply to
David Billington

In message , Ted Edwards writes

Sorry,Yes,Sinility creeping in with old age.

Reply to
Gwyn Phillips