Where can I find this metal?

I would like to make a centerpiece for my wedding similar to this one. Can anyone tell me where to find twisted metal like this? I've only been able to find heavy wrought iron in this shape.

Thanks Dante

Reply to
Dante M. Catoni

That material is easy enough to just twist it yourself...simply 1/8 x 1 mild steel flat bar (or narrower)

put one end in a vice and the other in an adjustable wrench and twist it...no heat needed

Doobie

Reply to
Doobie

"Doobie" wrote: (clip) put one end in a vice and the other in an adjustable wrench and twist it...no heat needed ^^^^^^^^^^^ If you insert the flat stock in a length of pipe, it will stay straight while you twist it. I suggest you grip the pipe near the "twisting end" in a vise, and flatten the far end to keep the stock from turning. A large tap wrench is good doing the twisting.

I have also seen some attractive results using light channel, welded back-to-back, and then twisted.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman