Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trailer parts
Looking for a source for an low speed off road steerable axle for use on a large farm wagon. Any other sources out there besides northern hyd, farmtek and the like. Thanks
2
2

Is there a FAQ for this group?
I've been lurking and posting off and on for awhile now, but wanted to know if there was a FAQ or guidelines document for this group? I didn't know if "For Sale" posts were discouraged or not. rvb --...
1
1

Wire size for welder AC supply
I just picked up an old Ac/DC Dayton welder (230/180 amps). The label says "Pri Amps 65.7" at 230 volts. Can anyone help me determine what size wire I need to run to an outlet to feed this thing. I...
18
18

How to determine fair and equitable rates?
How do you all determine what to charge someone for welding work? I have someone that wants me to weld some new floor pans into their Jeep. I will have to cut the old ones out, fit the new ones, and...
16
16

Argon -- flowmeter vs. regulator
Please help me sort through my confusion. I have some money to spare now. Right now, right or wrong, I have a "pressure regulator" on my Argon cylinder. This regulator has a T handle and regulates...
11
11

Quick zinc removal
I have a few zinc plated steel retainer brackets that are of no general value. 3/8 by 1" in cross section, slieghtly bent. I wanted to use them for welding practice, but I need to remove zinc first....
13
13

Blacksmith Day Saturday
Hi All good and important days to be remembered got its day in the calendar. Last year, close to Valentine's Day, members of Antracit Blacksmith Portal hand forged roses to their wife's and...

The Second International Conference E-MEDISYS 2008, 29-31 October in Tunisia
E-MEDISYS 2008 The second International Conference E-Medical Systems E-MEDISYS2008 will be held from 29 to 31 October 2008 in Tunisia. It is technically co-sponsored by IEEE. You can find more details...

How i spent my lunch hour
I made a trophy for a bike run. Quick and dirty, or is it "rustic"? "Hard luck" goes to whoever had the worst time getting there but still made it. I meant for it to look like and eagle, but it looks...
2
2

Stub grip electrode holders
Has anyone tried them, are they any good. page 3291 http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/114/gfx/large/7868ap1l.gif
14
14

Fan - Suck or Blow?
I noticed something about my SA 200 that I found a little odd. The fan blows air through the radiator rather than pulling it through and blowing it over the engine. That's counter to (I think) every...
41
41

Quick comparison
I want a Lincoln 140 wirefeed. I see there are 140C, 140T, 140 Plus, and maybe more. I want the one with the variable power and not the jumps. I don't want the cheapest one that HD sells. I'll buy it...
1
1

FREE linear slide -- Chicagoland local pickup only
Note, I am listing this as LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. This item is FREE and is offered only for local pickup. It is very big and very heavy. I do not want to ship it. is Lisle, IL, USA.

Welding electrical copper bars
Continuing to think of what material to use for vise jaws. I have some electrical copper bars, looks like 3/16 thick, that would work for soft vise jaws. To keep them on the vise, I could weld some...
5
5

The Look of Glass and Ice on Fire
The Look of Glass and Ice on Fire Fire pits and fireplaces. The look of a glass and ice fire by and with aquatic glassel. Fire pit and fireplace glass of the future....