Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Second dumb question of the month coupon
I know I already used one coupon this month, so sue me. I bought an old SA 200 welder with a 1.75 kw rated plug for tools. This is stated in the Lincoln download manual. The current available is 15...
25
25

Saw a masterpiece
--Hopefully someone will post better photos but here's what I've found so far. This contraption was built by a guy who teaches at deAnza College in Silicon Valley and was on display at the Bay Area...
4
4

MIG gas flow with a PSI meter
I have a Lincoln 175 SP Plus. It has a regulator that is in PSI, not cfm. I usually set it for 10 psi unless it's a little windy then 15. What do you use? Is that anywhere near correct? Steve
1
1

psi vs. flow
For a standard set of Victor 450 and 460 regulators, is there any guide available that converts psi gauge to volume flow? I'm having a little problem getting the gas/oxygen mixture just right on my...
1
1

What does it mean ...........
When there is a lot of porous spongy glop on the underside of a flame cut that takes a lot of time to grind off and dress? Too much what? Wrong speed? Help me. 1/4" thick steel, 4# propane, 20# oxygen...
7
7

TIG welding aluminum
Howdy, The design of my footpedal current-controlled DC TIG welder is coming along smoothly, but it has brought me to a crossroads. It has come to my attention that welding aluminum with DC is best to...
22
22

galvanized to stainless steel
Hello, I mig welded a galvanized ring to a stainless pipe(304) using 309 wire and a tri-mix gas. The pipe was 12" o.d. and got a lot of cracks in the weld and inside the pipe in the stainless. The...
2
2

General purpose wire welding
I have a Millermatic 35 I use for general purpose welding on mild steel usually 1/4 and less thick. Since buying it 30+ years ago, I have always used .035, ER70S-6, and CO2 gas. I tried some Argon...
25
25

Oh .......... My ........... God
Yesterday, I finally got ahold of a local artisan who makes fantastic ornamental gates out of a combination of metals, and colors them with heat and different sorts of platings. He said to call him...
5
5

Welding Jobs - Jeffboat, Jeffersonville, IN
Anyone work there? I'm thinking of applying and wanted to talk with someone who's worked there in the past year or so or is working there now. rvb -- As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens...

Filler rod for TIG on steel
Hello, What is the difference between using ER70S-2 rather than ER70S-6 for TIG welding steel? I have read that the S-2 is "triple de-oxidized" with aluminum, titanium, and ziconium which makes it a...
8
8

Purge button added to Lincoln SP125+
Greetings All, I posted in the Dropbox a text file explaining the circuit changes to and the schematic of the Lincoln SP125 Plus welder in order to add a gas purge button. The files begin with SP125+....
4
4

Ground rod question
Today, a friend called me who was doing a project. They had a copper coated steel rod about 5/8" dia. that was to be used as a ground rod for electrical. They had no means of bending it, as it had to...
25
25

Trailer and dovetail
Just been thinking, if a person were to build a 12 foot trailer with a dovetail, how would you add the dovetail using that 3x3 tubing I was talking about? Woud you just cut a 2 foot piece at an agle...
1
1

Garage door update....
Well, I found something wrong, I had two sets of number 2 hinges. I replaced one with number 3 hinges and re wound everything. Door went up a little stiff, maybe I over wound the spring, I don=92t...