Saw a masterpiece

--Hopefully someone will post better photos but here's what I've
found so far. This contraption was built by a guy who teaches at deAnza
College in Silicon Valley and was on display at the Bay Area Makers Faire
this past weekend:

steamer
What is it?
Reply to
johnnytorch
Well made - so it seems - Appears to be a 4 legged 'robot'.
Nice set of cams on the top - to bad no movie posted... :-(
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

steamer wrote:
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
What does it do?
Steve
Reply to
SteveB
--As far as I can tell it's more sculpture than anything else, but he hopes to fire up the engines, get in the pilot seat and see if he can get it off the ground. He doesn't think it will actually 'fly' but it might hover a bit. Bottom line: it's just a meticulously fabricated bit of whimsy.
Reply to
steamer