Saw a masterpiece

--Hopefully someone will post better photos but here's what I've found so far. This contraption was built by a guy who teaches at deAnza College in Silicon Valley and was on display at the Bay Area Makers Faire this past weekend:

steamer

What is it?

Reply to
johnnytorch

Well made - so it seems - Appears to be a 4 legged 'robot'.

Nice set of cams on the top - to bad no movie posted... :-(

Martin

Mart> --Hopefully someone will post better photos but here's what I've

Martin H. Eastburn

What does it do?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

--As far as I can tell it's more sculpture than anything else, but he hopes to fire up the engines, get in the pilot seat and see if he can get it off the ground. He doesn't think it will actually 'fly' but it might hover a bit. Bottom line: it's just a meticulously fabricated bit of whimsy.

Reply to
steamer