Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Needing garage door help!
I received a single 7x9 clopay garage door from someone replacing their door. It has all the hardware and even the installation instructions. I have been for a week trying to =93retrofit=94 it to my...
5
5

Books or Videos on Fabrication Techniques/Practices
Welding is great and I love it. But, it isn't much use without having something to put together. I've learned some different things about putting stuff together at welding school, but am looking for...
5
5

Q: Tig Root on 3" pipe
Greets all & good morning. would like to preface this by saying I'm not a full-time weldor. Used to do alot more but now I like to pick and choose my work -- 99% of the time its TIG -- typically Al &...
8
8

Mig or stick
Since this metal on the trailer tubing is only 3/16, should I weld it with my Hobart Mig 135 with .30 wire and Argon/Co2 mix, or the same welder with .35 flux core, or arc welder? I am a newbie welder...
13
13

Lincoln Tig 300 problems
I picked up a Lincoln tig 300 square wave machine a couple weeks ago. Code 9298-ff The guy claimed that the power couldnt be dialed down to anything less than about 150 amps. Ive receipts for a number...
15
15

what is "dig" control?
I have a Dynasty 200 inverter machine. It has a "dig" control. I have yet to read a simple explanation as to what this does. It is only relevant to the stick process. From my manual: "When set at 0,...
6
6

Price Advice on Miller DialArc 250 AC/DC CC Power Source
I offered $500. Too much? It's an older machine and I can't quite read the serial number in the picture. It looks like MJET13535 or it could be MJE713535. I'm not sure. Thoughts? rvb
11
11

6013, help me out
I bought some small 3/32" 6013 long long ago to try to use on .065" ornamental metal repairs. It was similar in characteristics to me as a 7018 in that you had to get a good sized puddle, and then it...
3
3

gauges
Some guys colloquially call regulators "gauges". I am not one of them. Most welding regulators have two gauges on them. One is high pressure and the other low. I buy quality regulators when I see them...
1
1

Playing with the gophers today
Ahhh. Spring has sprung. The trees have all blossomed and turned to leaves. And the gophers are out. I tried my new device today, and it has some failings I'd like to ask your opinion of. I have O2...
4
4

Basic Equip Needs for SMAW Arc Welding?
Another newbie question, folks. I searched but didn't find this exact question addressed. I'm thinking of getting a stick (AC/DC) or wire-feed arc welder, but I know there's a fair amount of other...
12
12

Metal corrosion question
I want to use some free pieces of granite to make water features. This will probably evolve or go down in flames, but I'm going to start with two types. The first will be horizontal, using a large...
2
2

Baby pictures ........
My new baby ..... well, a little used ........ going to put the vise, fenders, lights, toolbox, and mount bottles and cable hangers. Welds and runs just fine. Steve
17
17

Trailer tongue tool box question
I need a toolbox on my welding trailer, and have found out that they make odd shaped ones for trailer tongues. I am very limited on my side spaces, one side of the welding trailer being taken up by a...
2
2

Interesting item I found in trailer parts catalog
It is called an "axle slider". Maybe someone can correct me if wrong, but all it looks like is a section of angle iron with spring hangers welded on it. This seems like it would be handy when building...
17
17