Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CAST STEEL
HELP I am trying to weld cast steel : a flywheel to clutch basket - with arc The weld keeps cracking right down the centre any ideas ?? cheers everyone
3
3

What's the trick in seeing what you're welding?
I'm using a Speedglas auto-dark helmet with 3/10 lens, using flux core feed wire, no gas, 100 amps and less. The suggested shade is 10 but the arc is too bright and my welds run off tangent. Warring...
15
15

Set Up
I have been trying to set up oxyacetylene for cutting. I have a "#12 cutting tip"... but I couldn't find any data accompanying it. I wanted to cut pipe about 5mm thick. I read that "For cutting, use...
8
8

Miller Gold Star 300ss ????
Not sure if this is the place to post this message but since it deals with welding I thought it might be the place to get some help, I have a Miller Gold Star 300ss welder, Is there anyone that could...
7
7

newbie brazing questions
First off, I have zero experience brazing (or welding for that matter) anything. I've got a motorcycle with a few significant holes in one of the mufflers. Given the advanced age of the cycle and the...
7
7

Air Products THF150CF?
Just wondering how good a machine this is/should be. It's on ebay and within my budget.

Mill leveled
Updated pictures here welded those feet that I made, onto the mill's movable base. While one stud became hard to turn, none became stuck. It was the first one that I welded. After some thinking, I...
5
5

Made machine feet for my Bridgeport -- pix and question
I made adjustable machine feet. I want to perfectly level my Bridgeport mill by adjusting legs. Then some manipulations of parts during milling would become easier, as I could use a machinist level to...
23
23

possible to replace the gas engine on old welder?
The old welder/generator I picked up today doesn't look too bad if you sort of squint at it and ignore the gas engine, which is missing a lot of parts. I may get lucky and find a parts source, but...
17
17

Lincoln Weldanpower 225?
I have a shot at what I believe is a Lincoln Weldanpower 225 for a decent price. Comes with leads, the guy said it was a good working welder until 1.5 years ago when the owner got sick, then...
3
3

Cromatron
Trying to find info on Cromacast rods for welding cast iron. Ive heard they are he greatest thing since sliced bread. Whats the scoop on these? Jimmie
4
4

Load your guns/keyboard. Here is one for you.
I have a Toro weed whacker or whatever you wish to call it. I know what I have called it. Anyway, this thing labeled Brush Cutter but whacks weeds, has a broken flexible shaft. Aside from not knowing...
8
8

special offer MOSFET,fast recovery diodes,ICs
Hello,dear, I am Alice, from YUKA ELECTRONIC(HK) CO., LTD.I get your infirmation from internet, and know your company is a leading manufacturer of the welding machines.your products is in the scope of...
2
2

Design Help for a Newbie
Hiya Folks, Long time lurker in the process of teaching myself how to weld. I'm using a Millermatic 175 and have made a few items around the house with success so ready for the next project. I'm...
15
15

what protects a weld
Is there anything to put on a weld or even bare metal to protect the metal other than primer? I know new welds needs to be primed, but i thought i heard of a product that can be sprayed on new welds...
13
13