Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Newest Refurb project
I dug out my OM Larios mill from storage today (another story..geeeze) and set it out in my repair area for a rebuild and grooming. I sold my Clausing 8540 (30 taper) small horizontal miller last...
4
4

Zero Setters (For Tool Length Offsetting in CNC's)
To All: Just in case someone might be interested. I used a 1" Indicating Zero-Setter from SPI for over a decade. One of THE most used tools I had. Then a friend asked me about 6 months ago where he...
26
26

Need Clausing 1501 Drive belt or info
A $35.00 belt is going to make for an incredibly loud lathe which due to excessive vibration will only be capable of producing work to rather crude tolerances. --
2
2

Future Microchips
My hero Richard Feynman thought that computers will become one-billionth the size and power consumption eventually. Interfacing should prove to be interesting.
39
39

How do you remove the chuck frpm a lathe?
Can't find it any of the manuals I got with the machine. Kitakawa chuck and cyclinder. I would think you must unscrew the draw bar first then unbolt the chuck. Correct? Thank You, Randy Remove 333...
4
4

Anti-virus on your cadcam box.
Been using Panda for a couple years now. But now that I've transfered it to my NX box, it's become bloater-ware and tends to thrash the drive when it feels like. Quite the resource hog while I'm...
13
13

Using Excell spreadsheet for engineering design
This just showed up in my email from Globalspec. May be of interest to the group. ============= 10 Tips for Using Microsoft® Office Excel for Engineering Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. Excel is...
4
4

787 production delay question
to this ill-fitting parts are causing delays in the 787; I am wondering how can this be so, especially in aerospace;CAD reference geometries, iso standardization, instrument certification etc. should...
20
20

Metal Properties
To All: For those that haven't seen this, here is a site (Metal Suppliers Online), that gives data on some of the common metals used in machining/fabricating.
4
4

Twas The Night Before Christmas (Shop)
BB You forgot Screw machines a screwing Watching paint dry.....
4
4

LEBLOND lathes any good
Aren't those fighting words?
7
7

Heidenhain TNC426 on Anayak
Does anyone know if there is a parameter setting for CYCLE 213 (stud finishing) to reduce the lead-in distance (away from the stud) ? The tool enters about an 1" away & will hit other contours close...
5
5

Inclinometers
I should monitor the inclination (2 axis) of a machine tool ram to compensate it with the CNC... I need and accuracy of about 0.01mm/m, do you know if there are some inclinometers/tiltemeters which...

Spontaneous oily rag combustion, hood grease fires
Awl -- Any thoughts on this, esp. on how likely this all is? Anyone with personal experience? says Yea on the possibility, for *uncovered* Linseed oil soaked rags. Also large Q's of pistachio nuts --...
40
40

How do I tell if I have macro capability
I have a Fanuc 0M-d control on my mill. How do I tell if I have macro capability? I have an indexer that will take commands thru the serial port and the macro for that does nothing. Thanks in advance...
3
3