Plasic balls

The grinding rest in MWE 109 calls for a 1" platic ball. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Bryant

I would think that turning one up from bar stock may be the easiest option. Unless anyone else knows a source for these...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

You could try the Precision Plastic Ball Company.

Don't ask how I know ;-).

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

I think the surprisingly precise balls in roll on deoderants can be found in

1 inch size, if the thought doesn't put you off!

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Stewart They're usually readily available at the various ME shows - I think Proops had them at the recent Bristol show. Send me a snail mail address off list and I'll send you one. --

Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) ..."There must be an easier way...!"

Reply to
christopher
85p each from
complete with the M6 threaded hole. They are machine handles.

Regards

Kev>The grinding rest in MWE 109 calls for a 1" platic ball.

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Reply to
Kenneth Widdall

Chronos Plastic Knob 25mm dia 6mm Thread Part No. PN25 Price 1.00

J.A.Crew & Co Plastic Ball Knobs (A) 1" dia (25mm) threaded M6 0.60 each 10 for 5.80
Regards Brian

Reply to
brian

Thanks for your help - Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Bryant

This thread got me wondering how steel bearing balls are made. I can't imagine how spheres are routinely ground by the million to fine tolerances on radius and surface finish.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

This explains all.