Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lincoln Precision 185 problem
Hello I have been using a Lincoln Precision 185 TIG /Stick welder , the unit seems to work fairly good except for the Amperage Control , as one goes Up or Down with the Control Dial the digital Amp....
3
3

REQ: Filler metal for TIG brazing stainless steel to copper?
I have read all of Mr. Leimkuhler's posts on TIG brazing and I would like to try this method to join some stainless steel (304 or 316) flanges to 2 in. K copper pipe. Can anyone suggest the correct...
3
3

Establish a fair price for a Trailblazer 251nt?
Hello all I apologize if this is off topic somewhat. I have a Miller Trailblazer 251 NT that I want to sell, possibly as a combo with a s22p12 feeder. The TB has less than 170 hrs, and works...
3
3

Power requirements for Miller Dialarc?
Hi all - I'm in the process of having my shop (residential 220v) wired for my welders, one of which is an old (1980's) miller dialarc that doesn't have PFC. My electrician is telling me to get the...
6
6

"coping" - definition
Hi all Does "coping" have a different name in the UK, compared to in North America? In the same way as a "spud wrench" in N.Am. is a "podger" here... I do do the activity - cutting away the flanges of...
5
5

Harbor Freight Tools' Quality
Any way to tell from a brand name which of the tools in Harbor Freight are quality? Chicago Electric - obviously crap. Is this a Harbor Freight brand? What about Central Machinery? There are a lot of...
28
28

petrol as welding fuel
Hello Has anyoone experienced petrol as welding or cutting fuel ? Save heap ! Ciao
2
2

Scotchman (Dvorak) Ironworker
Recently a small 30 ton Scotchman (Dorvak) 314 ironworker followed me home...it had such sad eyes...I just couldn't say "No". :
11
11

How's this for safety conciousness?
Now let's not get carried away with health and safety: AWEM http://www.zen40166.zen.co.uk/image005.jpg http://www.zen40166.zen.co.uk/image006.jpg http://www.zen40166.zen.co.uk/image007.jpg
34
34

304 SS Weldment Thermal Stress Relieving
Greetings- We have a project welding gussets and C channel made of 304SS to the back of 1" thick x 90" square 304SS. The print calls for 1/4 stitch welds. We are asking to use a continous weld because...
12
12

Tig welding in heat..
--Can't use a fan because it'll disrupt gas shield. Thinking of sticking an air compressor hose up a pants leg or something weird like that. Anyone got a better solution?? It's going to be 105 today:...
6
6

fixing cracked weld in JD loader arm
I need to repair a cracked weld on one of the arms of a recent vintage John Deere loader. I plan on drilling a small hole at each end of the crack and grinding a v in the crack. I would then weld it...
13
13

REQ: how to remove threaded rod
Problem: 3/8 in. threaded rod through nut welded to outside of rectangular tube frame. Tube is ~2 in. x 3 in. with ~1/4 in. wall thickness. Ends, inside, and top of frame are not accessible. Nut is...
8
8

gas cutting versus hacksaw
I'm floundering in the middle of a do it yourself dissaster. I want to remove some pipes imbedded in concrete digging them out would be a missionand a hacksaw would be a little hugher than desireable....
6
6

Tungsten diameter vs. amperage question
Can someone explain why diameter makes a difference when TIG welding thinner material? For example, why could I not sharpen up a 1/8" diameter rod to a needle point and stainless weld a couple of...
3
3