Latest threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dust cover for Amphenol connector
Does anyone know where I can get a dust cover for the Amphenol connector for the remote control on a Miller TIG welder. I have Dynasty 200 and need to use it to stick weld some fence pipe in a sandy...
5
5

Braze or Tig?
I am making a speed shooting target setup for semi-automatic air rifle. I am using 16ga steel 3" squares attached to 5ga steel wire. Would you Tig or Braze the parts together? I know the lead pellets...
12
12

stick welding aluminium
Hi all i am trying to stick weld a aluminium cylinder head. problem is i cant get any penetration at all, the aluminium from the stick melts, but hardly any heat goes into the casting, so the...
15
15

Welding other than mild steel?
I have a Lincoln WeldPack 100 using the recommended 0.035" innershield wire. The manual states it can only weld mild steel but what does it take to weld harder steel with this thing?
8
8

There's one born every minute!
I went to an auction in Fredrick Wisconsin today and I thought that I had fell into A Harbor Freight store. The old boy who passed on had more HF tools than I could count and most of them were unused....

I who know nothing.
I have a a old Miller AC stick welder and a small 120 volt MIG that uses inert gas. Is it possible to get TIG capability from either one? And what would I need? Any info appreciated. Al

Yellow/pink/blue - what gas is this?
I have a lecture bottle that is yellow on the bottom half, pink on the top half, and blue on the shoulder. There are no other markings. Does anyone have ANY idea what this is?

Thoriated vs Ceriated
I just bought a selection of Ceriated Tungstens. I actually ordered Thoriated but they were out and told me Ceriated was a direct replacement due to health reasons. I have been welding mild steel...
4
4

10 CF Acetylene Tank - Full Pressure
Just tried out my new small cutting setup and when I got the tank from the local supplier the pressure was way under 100 psi, maybe as low as 50, I don't remember the exact amount. Usage was at best...
10
10

gasoline cutting torch (2023 Update)
Anyone ever heard of a gasoline/oxygen cutting torch? A guy I work with says he has one and that it works much better then propane/oxygen even. Sounds almost as dangerous as the propane/oxygen mole...
20
20

Review Grizzly $525 Pulse TIG Welder H8153
Got one yesterday - from Grizz, through Amazon. Right after the order Grizz emailed about them being out stock till late July, but somehow they shipped one 2 days after I ordered it. posted here when...
2
2

Too many adjustments!
I wil be testing the new shop TIG welder today. It's a 1995 Panasonic 300WX Tigstar. It has way more adjustments than the old Dialarc. The manual is writen in that inscrutable Japanese fashion of...
9
9

How do you tell?
Whether or not you've gotten flashed from your cheap autodarkening helmet, or if you are dealing with an allergy attack? I did some welding with my new 251 this weekend (oh BOY is that a nice welder),...
18
18

WTB Panasonic Dip Pulse
Need three HM2 500 amp units. Can anyone help? Finders fee, of course. Thanks.
1
1

Tig with the wrong gas....sigh
Buddy of mine called me up early this morning in a panic. His ancient Airco (Miller 300) was doing all manner of wierd things while he was trying to weld some aluminum A/C bits in his automotive...
32
32