.61 carburator

I am in Europe and I have (had) a MVVS .61 10cc engine. Unfortuantely as we all know once in awhile a major mishap occured. ( need I explain?) The carburator for this MVVS was busted where the needle valve goes in. My question to those who might know or know of someone who has more knowledge. Can I use a different manufactures carburator as long as the depths are all the same? Or do I have to continue with a MVVS carburator? I would prefer to install a O.S. .61 if possible. Please let me know your responce. You can personally contact me at clintbass snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
clintbass_2003

Storm's Hamburgers

Reply to
clintbass_2003

If the OS will fit and if the OS engine has similar port timing (in other words if the OS drew as much air as the MVVS) then it should work. Your performance will either be better, the same, or worse, depending on the differences between the motors (now isn't that a helpful statement?).

Does Perry sell stuff in Europe? Do they list carbs for MVVS? If they sold the same carb for the MVVS and the OS I'd feel encouraged about using the OS carb.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Hi, In the event that you can't find a different carb that will fit then

should be able to sell you a replacement MVVS carb.

Reg

Reply to
tux_powered