Aerobird Challenger: Looking for part number

Hello Everyone,

My Aerobird must have went down a little harder then I recalled last time as when I plugged it in this time it started smoking. I have found the offending part part but the numbers are kind of burnt.

I believe the part its a Adjustable Voltage Regulator and the Numbers as I can read are: S0129 fqd 50N031. If anyone can look at theirs and verify I would be very thankfully. The part is connected to the negative motor wire on the board, and sits under a heat dissipator. Also, if anyone knows where to find this part that would be great.

Thank you all for any help,

Joshua SS Miller

Reply to
Joshua SS Miller

IMHO, it is a power MOSFET transistor for controlling the motor speed. I do not recognize the series number tho - could be a 'house number'.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I think you are correct! I had a buddy look at it and he agrees. Now as for the part numbers they maybe wrong as I said its pretty fried and these where the best I could read. If anyone has one of the planes and is willing could you verify.

Thank you,

Joshua

Reply to
Joshua SS Miller

Finally remembered the number system..... Siliconix made MOSFETs with that kind of number.

50N03 50N03-07 50N03-10 50N030 50N0307 50N0307T4 50N0307TO252 50N0310 50N03LT 50N03LTB

Their website search does not find any of those numbers as current - they do show up on obsolete parts sites ! Deciphering current numbers, you need to look for a 30V 50A N-channel MOSFET in a TO-220 package.

Good luck David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Thank you that helps a lot.