Finding info on specific WW ll Aircraft

Maybe someone out there can help me. I have the License Number of a DC 3 or one of its variants that was used in WW ll as a Paratrooper drop plane. The only info I have is the License number on the wing, (MA 931). Does anyone know if there is an archive of aircraft that served in WW ll, indexed by License number? I'm sure not having much luck searching the web on my own. Thanks in advance. Jack

Reply to
Jack

Smithsonian Air and Space might be able to help you. You can contact them through their web site. Alternatively I'd try the manufacturer followed by the US Army. May take some persistence but one of them should have the info you're looking for.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Also check out AF museum at Dayton, OH

Lots of old records there.