flew my new Q-Tee

I finally got one of my Q-Tees done. This particular one was built with the wings swept back an inch and a half at each tip to help get the center of gravity in the right place. Also, it has no landing gear, for better landings on thick grass. Engine is my trusty Texaco .049 with

6x3 propeller.

I flew it in the hayfield across the road for 2 flights this afternoon. Unfortunately the rudder servo wanders a bit around neutral, and the engine needs one more washer's worth of right thrust. Other than that it's a really nice little plane. Total weight came out at 16 ounces, which means the wing loading is an incredible 9.14 ounces per square foot. The sun was going down as I flew, but the glide was still extremely good. I'd like to get it in the air on a sunny day over a plowed field and see if it will climb in a thermal.

Incidentally, my landlady's cows were right there across the road acting like they didn't even notice an .049 running.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds