Glueing Pilot into Cockpit

Can't seem to get pilot to stay glued in the cockpit... I am using 5 minute,

2 part epoxy... the second time I tried roughing the surface to provide more surface area and wipped it down good with isopropyl before gluing... no joy... what am I doing wrong? Thanks
Reply to
Jet Red

use "Goop" glue

Reply to
David Poles

Use a small sheet metal screw through the floor and base of pilot along with your epoxy. If the pilot does not have a base make one out of balsa or thin plywood and then screw to the cockpit floor and glue. I "garuntee" it won't come loose. Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

Goop.. OK maybe a hot glue gun...?

Reply to
Jet Red

Agreed.

I've crash-tested goop-glued pilots. They stick like stink, even under multi-G deceleration. :o(

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Goop will stick him down good. Gord Schindler MAAC6694

Reply to
Gord Schindler

You didn't say what sort of aircraft you have. I had the same problem getting the pilot to stay in my 1/2A combat P-51. Always coming out- especially in the trunk on the way to the field- I'd find it under the spare, beneath the padding. Then it started falling out (knocking the canopy off) during launch- just didn't want to go flying. Finally, I checked the base of the little guy and there it was: "Made in Vichy France"! Get one made in Germany; it'll stay put.

Reply to
TexMex

heheh! Yeah nice! Dude was scared to go flying with you! My plane is a Carl Goldberg Tiger. I am planning on trying the Gooh or a Hot glue gun... this pilot is American so maybe I need to tell him he's going to deliver a can of whoop@ss...

Reply to
Jet Red

Yes, the Germans wanted to stay and fight, the French bailed on everything.

Reply to
<phillipsmike

everything.

Reply to
strathboy

Probably poly or vinyl pilot. Not many glues stick to it. Goop, shoe goo, or Zap-a-da-a-goo (all about the same) work best, as David and Marty recommended. Hot melt? No, it won't work. Trust me on that.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Epoxy and a screw driven into the pilot's arse from below the canopy floor...

/daytripper (there's something satisfying about it ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

Bingo! What I said awhile back, and it's foolproof. But who the heck is paying attention these days on this newsgroup anyway! Perhaps the screw's too heavy, maybe too much common sense, more like too much work for the ARF crowd. Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

Oy, the little guys are treated so badly. They are slathered with carcinogenic glue, impaled by screws, subjected to severe G's, and go through many crashes. Crash test dummies are treated better. :)

***Merry Christmas***

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Reply to
GaijinGig

E-6000 will do it, but only if you NEVER intend to remove your pilots glued little butt from that airplane again.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

I screwed him down! Two screws with washers from the bottom... He ain't going anywhere!

Reply to
Jet Red