How about this one, for a scale model?

Only one ever made, as it was the loser in a development program.
See picture, and story, on these links about the McDonnell 220

Last known to be at El Paso International

I think that may be one of the most beautiful planes I have ever seen!
Engines: 4 x Westinghouse J34 of 2,980lbs
Max speed: 560 mph
Cruise: 520 mph
Range: 3,000 sm
Ceiling: 45,000
Loaded weight: 41,000 lbs (est)
Span: 57' 7.25"
Length: 66' 6"
Height: 23' 7.75"
Area: 550' sq
Reply to
Morgans
| Only one ever made, as it was the loser in a development program. | | See picture, and story, on these links about the McDonnell 220 | |

| | I think that may be one of the most beautiful planes I have ever seen! | | Engines: 4 x Westinghouse J34 of 2,980lbs | Max speed: 560 mph | Cruise: 520 mph | Range: 3,000 sm | Ceiling: 45,000 | Loaded weight: 41,000 lbs (est) | Span: 57' 7.25" | Length: 66' 6" | Height: 23' 7.75" | Area: 550' sq | | -- | Jim in NC
Good looking airplane. Me thinks the Douglas F4D Skyray is/was the the most beautiful one.
Jarhead

Site Timeline