Scale Model Aircrafts

Hi guys! I just wanna share you something about my collection. Have you ever tried collecting scale model airplanes? I'm a model airplane
collector since I was a child. And now I already have 2 children. Guess what? They also love aircraft models! And now I came through this site http://tinyurl.com/26cbh9 .. And I'm planning to purchase 2 models for my family.. hoping that they will like it. Scale models are really cool!
on 11/12/2007 3:02 AM Raven said the following:

Why don't you teach your kids how to build the models, rather than buying them already built? Maybe they'll spend less time playing video games. Not that I think that you have anything to do with the site (:-)), but I suspect anyone who starts his message with "Hi Guys", and then gives us a pitch about some site!
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yep, sounds like an advert to me. Imagine that.. grins.
--- Stephen

I wish I could but I still don't know how to create those kind of models. It needs a lot of hardwork and experience. Thanks for the advice :-)

nonsense. it takes trying and learning. try it with the kids. i keep stuff i built as a child to remind me i learn.

Is there a connection?
;-)
MH

yeah, did you buy then ready made or build them? home built are great but pre-built will do if that's the choice.
On Nov 12, 11:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

I'm an aircraft collector but I'm not good enough creating my own models airplanes. So I just keep on purchasing them from different sources. :-)
Raven wrote:

You really ought to start somewhere or you never will make your own. Try starting with a simple kit or two. I started a long time ago with really simple Aurora kits but there are some snap kits out there now that are fairly accurate. Shucks, some come pre-painted. They might be a good starting point and you can obtain some paint and tools to alter the schemes to something else you might prefer. I've bought a couple of the 'Postage Stamp' planes, stripped them and re-painted one so far for a scheme I wanted more.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Thanks for the help guys. I really love to learn this stuff.