If you are the ARF type..

I once read somewhere that the narrow track made the full size susceptible to ground loops.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Fisher

Slaughter:

While you've been playing with your model planes in your basement for the last 54 plus years, I've been flying the real thing for the military. As a retired Navy Pilots with 30 years of service plus 10 more years as a test pilot, I am an authority on aviation.

Since I'm Japanese with an extended family still living in Japan, I am very familiar with Asian products. I wouldn't touch anything with a 10 foot pole coming out of China. None of it is up to my standards. I guess you have to pinch pennies, since you're so concerned about spending a couple of dollars.

And to my hillybilly friend, Ken Day, I'm extremely handsome. We of Asian descent don't age like people of European.

Concerning the moderators, you people are a bunch of fascists. You only like retards like yourselves on this forum that will agree with all your half-baked ideas and endless baloney. It isn't hard to believe that very few of you got beyond grade or high school.

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

Well, clearly, you grew up without benefit of Japanese culture. No self-respecting Nihon-jin would say such a thing of himself.

Are you daft? There are no moderators here.

Yoroshiku...

Reply to
St. John Smythe

| Yea, even the 1/4 scale Sig Cub Ibuilt had that tendency! I think it was | the narrow wheel track coupled with the high CG.

Even the full scale Cub has that tendency :)

Adding some toe-in to the front landing gears will help a lot. As will making sure you take off directly into the wind and not giving it lots of power all at once.

is somewhat amusing, though it seems to be saying that toe-in is bad and toe-out is good (which seems backwards to me.)

| >> I had a small Chinese made Cub a long time ago, and it was only | >> possible to take that thing off while holding the tail, giving full | >> throttle and then letting go of it. Any other way, it would just make | >> ground loops (doughnuts).

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Apparently Akimoto san (Dekai guzu) has had a problem with some of the moderated R/C forums since this one is un moderated. His head would not fit through the opening to the forums.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Does anyone know where I can by stick built kits "reasonable". Likewis

I would like to find some CAD Software that will allow me to re-scal R/C Planes for stick build

-- macknight200

----------------------------------------------------------------------- macknight2001's Profile:

this thread:

macknight2001

Took me few moments to absorb this, then I got it.....and LOL !!!

Thanks for the chuckl

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Bull SHIT! No Naval AVIATOR would call himself a pilot! Pilots steer ships in harbors.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I would tend to think that toe out might be better in this case. Toe in would exaggerate the yaw/roll oscillations.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

My experience with taildraggers, plus everything I've read, indicates that toe-in is desirable. My late, lamented Shereshaw Cadet would bend the landing gear toe-out on every hard landing, if I didn't bend it back the next takeoff would be squirrelly.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

| I would tend to think that toe out might be better in this case. Toe in | would exaggerate the yaw/roll oscillations. ...

Well, with toe-in, if your plane starts going a bit sideways down the runway, it will tend to correct itself. Which could cause oscillations, I can see that ...

... but that's better than the alternative. With toe-out, if your plane starts to go a bit sideways, the toe-out will make it unstable and it'll turn more and more and finally will groundloop unless you can correct for it.

is somewhat amusing, | > though it seems to be saying that toe-in is bad and toe-out is good | > (which seems backwards to me.)

Doing some googling, I see pages talking about the benefits of both toe-in _and_ toe-out for full scale planes (and the benefits given are usually the same for both, strangely enough) but the R/C model related pages seem to be mostly talking about toe-in. But

says that toe-in helps at first, but can make things worse if it gets too bad ...

I guess there's just more to it than my simplistic analysis.

I guess the real answer is, if it's a really big problem for you, to either have a huge tail or a gyro to do the corrections for you, if you can't do them yourself. Fortunately, most Cubs are slow fliers, full scale and model, so doing the corrections yourself isn't so hard.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

We kit the "Nemesis" which is a nice laser-cut balsa sport aerobatic. Kits are made right here in the USA.

Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

From Paul M.:

Mr.Tojimoto comes across as a rather elaborate troll job. Sounds like some cracker with an anti-Japanese bias who's trying to make Japanese look bad. Bill(oc)

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Now you are trying to make crackers look bad. :-)

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

;-)

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

My My! Aren't we full of ourself! Go crawl back into a cave on some island. Your experience with full scale aircraft doesn't mean crap in the world of modeling. In fact, full scale aircraft pilots make the worst R/C students I ever taught because they're just like you...they think they know everything.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Apparantly Akimoto has been banned (along with his 2 other alias) from RCU. This may be the only place he has left to annoy people.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Haar! Good move RCU!