Info wanted on Stearman Bipe

I was at a flea market in texas this last weekend and ran across some guy selling all kinds of junk but as I got closer I saw at the back of his area a pretty good sized plane. Well, of course I had to look and what did I find?

A nice old Bipe that appears to be a Stearman PT-17 It has about 64.5 inch wingspan and came complete ready to fly it looks like all electrics seem to be ok, and no damage to plane except a couple small tears in the covering, nothing big, just small little cuts. It came with an Airtronics Vangaurd VG4R 4 channel radio, and matching servos in the plane radio reads 72 MHz #32 72.430 to be exact

It came with a Saito FA-80 engine that seems to have good compression still on the plane and all hooked up..

Like I said plane looks ready to go, but I'll replace batteries, and check motor and everything before it hits the air I have no idea how long this thing sat around....

Anyone have any idea who made this plane?

I have pictures, but didn't know if I could attach them here...

Oh yeah, I paid a whole $80.00 for everything !!!!!!!! SCORE !!!!!!!

-=Allan=-

Reply to
-=Allan=-

Sounds like a Sterling Models Stearman PT-17. The kit is no longer in production, but is occasionally found on eBay.

See:

I have a kit I ready to build, probably as next year's winter project.

Alan Harriman

Reply to
Alan Harriman