Loctite , high temp

I have been told to use a special type of Loctite on mufflers. The Loctite is high temp with medium breaking strength. I believe it is green and number 620. Does anyone know where to get it.

Reply to
Leo S

I use to use that, the green stuff on electric motor and pump bearings

10 years ago while working on industrial machine maintance. Kept them from spinning in housings at high temps...Don't expect to get them apart unless you use a torch. No sure but think an Auto Parts store will carry that. I was going to use pipe dope....ken
Reply to
KenKnapp

Leo,

I have used red loctite on several muffler and it worked quite well. Clean parts with alcohol or acetone before applying.

JIB

Leo S wrote:

Reply to
John Berk

Just thought I would mention that the Loctite people have some great free literature available - just visit their site and fill in a request form - they will post it PDQ - got my package from them last week.

David

Reply to
David