McNeill's Latest "Column"

Not only does McNeill NOT know R/C, he is as out of touch with ANYTHING in the air as the Pope is with the Kama Sutra.

BTW, STILL no answer to my e-Mail to him concerning his latest joke column in MA.

How about it, McNeill, you lurking in here, or do you get all your information from C. O.? Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Half the AMA membership in District V voting - you jest! :-)

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Naturally it was in jest (LOL).

Now, I can honestly say that McNeill did make it to our last King Peach. I was not there personally to witness said attendance. The first King Peach I miss and he shows up. So now I can't bitch that he had never been to one of our events. It would be nice if he came to SEFF it is a pretty major event in his district. Make no mistake, I don't like his performance as "my" AMA representative and have NEVER voted for him, but he is our VP at the moment and I think he should have an interest in an event that draws 200+ pilots, especially when it is in his district.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

It is interesting about McNeill. You hardly ever see any of his AVPs at any meets, or if they are they are pretty low profile. Of course a fair number of his AVPs are "retired" modelers or worse the aging wife of a deceased big name modeler. He seems to have a thing about lady AVPs, appointing them from clubs with a large membership - recently he has even had to make one of them an AMA and Leader member to comply with the AVP appointment requirements as they were not even an AMA member at the time. Then we see several of his better AVPs just disappear with no explanation. People like Malcomb Boartfield, a rather active modeler in the Atlanta area. . . gone. I have talked to Malcomb and he has no clue as to what happened. Nothing from McNeill. Same for long time AVP Ward Van Duzer (Control Line as I recall). Sires and Gregory in SC. Gone without a trace. Then when one of his AVPs (George Perryman) passed away there was no mention of it. In fact he was carried for several months on the AVP roster on McNeill's web page. Strange considering he was an icon in the free flight community and a former AMA VP himself. A fitting eulogy was finally written by a VP from another district.

Before McNeill fired Lamar Blair as his webmaster (who had set up a District web site to be proud of) a call went out to all of his AVPs for a brief modeling resume to be featured on the web site. Less than half even responded - and McNeill apparantly had no problem with that.

As for missing major meets - he failed to show at the world pattern championships in his own district.

Anyone need proof of the above?

-- Red Scholefield AMA 951 Dist. V Leader Member/CD

Reply to
Red Scholefield

The link only reflects one such annual event.

The European respondents herein can attest to the large models being flown far better than I.

There are a couple of gents in the UK building true giants 'as we speak'.

One is a four-turbine C-17 with a truly monstrous wing span, nearing flight test. There is at least one giant Vulcan on the tour circuit, and the same guy who built/flies the Vulcan is setting out to do an eight-turbine BUFF. Those projects are being documented in a couple of the UK magazines.

With AMA's steadfastly insisting on models weighing less than 55 pounds, and a near-token "program" for models exceeding 55 pounds, I think it's quite fair to say that AMA is not interested in furthering model research with respect to large models. The 'leaders' in Muncie appear to be intent on crawling under the nearest rock rather than trying to assume any sort of leadership role.

Personally I don't much care about dues, being a Life Member.

OTHO, even at present rates, AMA dues amount to a mere pittance when viewed against the costs of putting a decently-sized model in the air, even if under 55 pounds.

$0.02 Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

Why would you expect him to show up at the SEFF when he didn't bother showing up at the 2000 F3A World Championships in Pensacola ?

See Dave Brown's column in the January 2001 MA, entitled "We Dropped The Ball". Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

I dunno 'bout his financial wherewithall, but the notion of traveling on the 'AMA dime' and writing it off as an expense under another heading certainly is an interesting point.

I doubt we'll ever get an explanation of that. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

Jack,

I don't know either you or McNeill. But based on what I've seen, you present a better argument to keep people out of the AMA than McNeill does. I was simply trying to point out a weakness in your case resulting from a lack of documentation. But you and others don't seem to give a damn. Well I don't either!

Maybe you guys should take your own blinders off and take a hard look at how you present yourselves here. At least McNeill keeps quiet on the internet. You guys OTOH are showing your stupidity and prejudices to the entire world. Is this what you want people to think of when they think of the AMA?

I'm going to the barn where the shit is honest about itself!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Then I would suggest you use it in the appropriate formats and keep this squabble away from here.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

This is a routine discussion here - same posters, same comments... just suck in a few new guys from time to time to keep it going. Do a google search of this group to see the wasted bandwidth. Sorry you were the latest.

Fred

Reply to
RedFred1

You are evidenty incapable of reading Red's post where he states he DOES have the documentation. It's just that no one is interested in looking at it.

Since his active participation in anything to do with actual flying, perhaps it's best that he do so.

Actually, yes it is. We want to show the world that we are a bunch of concerned AMA members who want to fix what is wrong, and to change things for the better. And since you are NOT an AMA member, what the hell business is it of yours anyway?

Where, perhaps, you were born and raised.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Now you show YOUR ignorance. What is more appropriate here than exposing a DVP fraud to other AMA members and the whole modeling world? Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

B.S. You were being argumentative simply for the sake of it. You can't say you were arguing "a lack of documentation" because you don't have a clue how much documentation exist! You were simply attacking people that you don't know, concerning a subject you have admitted you know nothing about.

You don't give a damn? Good! Stay out of this thread... stick to ones that concern something you do care about, eh?

Jack... who does care about DV and our representation in the AMA.

Reply to
Jack Goff

There you go Gerald. He's just expressing an opinion and you're calling him ignorant!! That's what I am talking about. Can I fix it? No. But I can be nice. Hey, notice I didn't call you anything bad or disrepectful? We wouldn't teach our kids to respond to others like this, would we? I've read a lot of good posts from you and you have a lot of knowledge that you share willingly. thanks for that. Eddie Fulmer AMA 63713

Reply to
Efulmer

Reply to
Mike Gordon

I don't give a damn Jack because I have yet to see any behavior from you and this group of whiners to make me want to give a damn! Think about it! You'll catch on eventually.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

No apology necessary Fred. I've seen it before and knew what I was getting into. The optimist in me I guess. Well, no more! But I will be watching from the sidelines. Can't wait to see what earth shattering changes and revelations these guys make once they take over the AMA. Glad I have private land to fly from cause I don't see much future to the public stuff with this mob!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

What would be more appropriate! Waving your dirty laundry for all to see or taking it to the cleaners?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Don't worry about it Ed. It's the way they get their jollies and feel like men. Stroking the ol' ego you know! :)

Reply to
C.O.Jones

That's because you jump to kill the messenger instead of listening to the message. The stuff you're hearing about McNeil is true, and the Pres. of the AMA tells us it's our (DV) problem. No stack of documentation will ever help, regardless of venue. He simply must be voted out. The voters have to be educated on the facts, and this NG *is* one appropriate venue in which to do that. Think about that... even you may catch on.

Jack

I'm done with you, CO... I'll expend my energy on someone who matters... who actually has a vote to cast.

Reply to
Jack Goff